Platon IB Diploma applications for 2016-2017
The Diploma committee for Admission welcomes applications for Diploma Year one.
We seek individuals’ who are prepared for the academic rigor of an IB Diploma curriculum; who value academic achievement, personal qualities, diversity and challenges.
We look forward to getting to know you through your application:
A complete application includes the following items:
- Student application form completed and signed by both the student and parent/guardian.
- A recent passport size photo of the applicant.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s identity card and or
- Transcripts of grades 9 to 10 (photocopies)
- Documentation pertaining to English language aptitude, more specifically Michigan and or Cambridge Proficiency certificates (photocopies)
- Documentation pertaining to 9th and 10th grade academic awards (photocopies)
- Supplemental documentation reflecting students’ profile such as: language certificates, achievement awards, evidence of community service and recommendation letters (photocopies)
- Art portfolios, only for candidates interested in Visual Arts
- Applicants should submit documentation relating to possible differing learning needs.
How to Apply
A completed application (see attached online form) with the accompanying documents should be submitted to the school’s reception during school’s office hours.
When to Apply
Candidates may file their Admission Applications as of 22nd March 2016; early application is strongly encouraged.
The interview process
Applicants are interviewed at the end of May by the IB Diploma Coordinator and the Heads of Department. During the interview candidates receive questions on:
- Their career aspirations
- Diploma subject preferences
- Their personal approach on the process of knowing
- Reflecting upon possible involvement in extracurricular activities
- Current news of international interest.